Standard 90.1 has been a benchmark for commercial building energy codes in the United States and a key basis for codes and standards around the world for more than 35 years. This standard provides the minimum requirements for energy-efficient design of most buildings, except low-rise residential buildings. It offers, in detail, the minimum energy-efficient requirements for design and construction of new buildings and their systems, new portions of buildings and their systems, and new systems and equipment in existing buildings, as well as criteria for determining compliance with these requirements. It is an indispensable reference for engineers and other professionals involved in design of buildings and building systems.
This 2013 edition has been expanded to include new features and more detailed requirements, as well as incorporating changes from more than 100 addenda.
Here’s what’s new in the 2013 edition:
- Revised, stricter opaque element and fenestration requirements at a reasonable level of cost-effectiveness
- Improvements to daylighting controls, space-by-space lighting power density limits, and thresholds for toplighting
- Revised equipment efficiencies for heat pumps, packaged terminal air conditioners (PTACs), single package vertical heat pumps and air conditioners (SPVHP and SPVAC), and evaporative condensers
- New provisions for commercial refrigeration equipment and improved controls for heat rejection and boiler equipment
- Improved requirements for expanded use of energy recovery, small-motor efficiencies, and fan power control and credits
- Improved equipment efficiencies for chillers
- Clarifications for the use of prescriptive provisions when performing building energy use modeling, and revisions to enhance capturing daylighting when performing modeling calculations
- A new alternate compliance path to Section 6, “Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning,” for computer room systems, developed with ASHRAE Technical Committee (TC) 9.9.
In addition to offering immediate access to the content, the PDF download of this standard presents selected graphics in color for enhanced readability.
- ANSI Approved
- Number of Pages:
- Units of Measure:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 4.4 MB
- Redline File Size:
- 2 files , 27 MB
- Product Code(s):
- D-86273, 86273